Rosie’s Dog Beach in Long Beach, CA – A Dog’s Vacation!
One of the things many new Long Beach first-time homebuyers can look forward to when coming out of a rental is becoming a pet owner. Long Beach is a very dog-friendly city, with yearly Long Beach dog parades, dog contests, dog-friendly outdoor restaurants, pooch this and pooch that, I mean really, humans are mere accessories in this city of dogs.
With that said, I have compiled a list of dog parks and beach that every Long Beach pet owner should know about when it’s time to “let the dogs out.” After all, a Long Beach dog can become just as bored as any human that is tired of the same routine that consists of taking a trip around the same old block, day after day, week after week, mostly consisting of him/her sitting there while you yack to neighbors about the latest thing little Timmy or Rebecca did? Why not try Rosie’s Dog Beach or one of the many dog parks in Long Beach?
Like humans, dogs need socialization, interaction, mental and physical stimulation. It’s because of this, that again, Long Beach has gone to the dogs! There are now six designated dog zones consisting of five dog parks and a dog beach in the city of Long Beach! Your dog can frolic, play, meet new friends while at the same time, releasing the day’s stress of not being able to catch the mailman, paper route boy or the squirrel that taunts him/her relentlessly.
DOG BEACH IN LONG BEACH, CA:
Rosie’s Dog Beach (formerly known as Long Beach Dog Beach or Dog Zone) located on beach between Roycroft and Argonne.
DOG PARKS IN LONG BEACH, CA:
Downtown Dog Park in Long Beach located at Broadway and Pacific
K9 Corner Dog Park in Long Beach located at 9th & Pacific
Uptown Dog Park in Long Beach at 4600 Long Beach Blvd. (Scherer Park)
Recreation Dog Park in Long Beach at 5201 E. 7th street and
El Dorado Park in Long Beach using the Spring Street entrance for El Dorado East Regional Park
According to the City of Long Beach website, the Long Beach Dog Park and Dog Beach Zone users must comply with the following posted rules for the safety of everyone and every dog.
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS
- Only 1 dog per adult is permitted
- Each dog must be under the control of an adult.
- The dog must be under visual and voice control at all times.
- Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in provided containers.
- Dogs must be older than 4 months, vaccinated and licensed.
- Puppies younger than 4 months are not permitted for their and other dogs’ protection.
- Owners must have a leash. Dogs shall be on leashes whenever outside Dog Park/Zones.
- Dog owners are legally responsible for injuries caused by their dog.
- Professional dog trainers/handlers are not permitted to use the facility for instruction.
- No female dogs in heat.
- All dogs must wear a collar with current tags.
- No spiked collars; they can hurt other dogs.
- No food – human or dog – of any kind.
- Owners shall provide drinking water for their dogs as needed.
- Children must be supervised by adults.
- Children are not permitted to excite or antagonize dogs.
If you are interested in becoming a home buyer in the pet-friendly city of Long Beach, do not hesitate to call Andi Grant, Realtor® at 310-508-4354